As Liz is in Charleston helping with the new grandbaby, I’m putting the final touches on our Spring trip which will start in April. We’ve modified it a bit and eliminated Red Bay, AL, which was going to be a tour of the Tiffen factory. Since we have decided on Newmar now, we will use that time elsewhere – like Nappanee, In. We’ve already put almost 5,000 miles on the TT since we got it in October of last year and this trip should add over 2,000 more. Below is our tentative itinerary:
- April 10 – Drive from Brunswick to Auburn, AL and camp at Auburn RV Park. I always wanted to see Auburn Univ.
- April 11 – Drive to Tupelo, MS and camp at Barnes Crossing. We will do our best to avoid the Elvis impersonators.
- April 12 – Drive to Tunica, MS and camp at Sam’s Town. We will enjoy a few days of the casino life and try to pay for the trip 🙂
- April 15 – Our Anniversary – 37 years. Whew We!! Headed to Branson, MO and Turkey Creek RV Park. Lookout Dolly!
- April 18 – Head to Effingham, Il to visit my mother and celebrate her birthday. Staying at Camp Lakewood. While we are their we are taking a day to go to Nappanee, IN for the Newmar factory tour and to talk to them about the special order and factory delivery process.
- April 26 – Drive to Nashville, TN for overnight at Nashville East KOA. No special plans
- April 27 – Drive to Sevierville, TN and stay at the River Plantation RV Park – This is the a week long RV Dreams Rally with folks that are either planning to full time RV, or already are or are supporters of those who do. Seminars and functions all week. We hope to meet lots of folks this week.
- May 3 – Start working our way back to Georgia. Overnight plans TBD.